Student Midwives

Their eyes are bright. They have so many questions. Such a path to navigate. Their hearts are open and I feel the responsibility of instilling in them this deep well of information with roots that grow strong and deep back to the beginning of time. This art. This ancient, holistic, beautiful art. I question my own ability, do I have enough to give? Am I well rounded enough? They linger outside my home chatting, laughing, crying, those private conversations around the unique path of student hood. I remember. I remember spending hours and days doing what they are doing. Weeks turned into months, some credit, some without being recognized. This beautiful, hard journey of birthing myself into a Midwife. And now I get to Midwife the Midwives. These are the next generation, forming bonds and relationships that they will carry into their futures no matter the path. How lucky am I to witness the birth of the next generation? I remember standing outside my car, outside my Midwifes house, crying, laughing and talking. I remember the excitement of posting that I was an official student. I worked hard. I hoped and prayed and suited up. I had to keep my eyes on the bigger picture. I'm so lucky to pass the torch. Having fun with the girls in our study group.

Comments

Popular Posts