Shes all Heart

A history of fast birthing.

Some cramping and sporadic activity and I was on my way.

Six minutes apart. A few five minutes apart. Chatting, rolling on the ball, watching old Friends episodes. I started my next crochet blanket, hunkering down for what would be a few more hours. I got there pretty early I figured. But better early than miss it.

And then water broke.

And then pressure came.

The tub received six inches of water and a woman on her hands and knees with so. much. pressure.

Bloop a tiny pink body swished by my hands and I pushed it forward to the front of mama.

"Pick up your baby."

It took a moment to register.

"Hey dad, mom, pick up your baby out of the water."

She scooped it up with one hand like a giant Koi fish from the birth pool, screaming and pink, and laid it on her chest. She covered it in kisses and strokes of love.

She looked at me, slightly shocked, face flushed, hair feathered down from all sides into her face and a huge grin.

Snuggling her screaming baby we all just laughed. Weren't we just on the ball in the living room? Did we even finish that Friends episode?! 19 minutes ago water broke. 5 minutes ago she got in the tub.

Wait...what is it?!

A girl. The mama of boys, now has a daughter. My eyes fill with tears and my heart leaps with joy. So much grinning in that room.

Later during the processing and examination that happens postpartum, we discover a placenta in a perfect heart shape with a battledore insertion (the cord inserted more to the side than the middle) at the point of the V on the heart.

AND a matching tiny little triangle/heart shaped birth mark on the right booty cheek of her tiny little six pound bottom.

Could she be ANY CUTER??!!!

SWOON <3

Comments

Popular Posts